Visit https://sites.google.com/thepaf.org/poko/ for more information on the virtual after school program.
Aloha Pūʻōhala Ohana!
We are heading into our last week of the 1st quarter! Wow! Fall break is right around the corner. Here are some reminders and important information to share at this time:
1. FRIDAY, SEPT.25 - WAIVER DAY/NO CLASSES FOR STUDENTS
3. Parent Conferences are scheduled towards the end of October, the 29th & 30th. We will be sending out a form for you to submit your preferences of date and time to meet with your child’s kumu. Please be on the lookout for that.
4. FALL BREAK OCT.5 - 9 - NO CLASSES AND NO MEALS
5. Attached is a letter from our Complex Area Superintendent, Matt Ho, regarding 2nd quarter. We are continuing to monitor the needs and progress of our students and will communicate with parents about the plans for returning to learn during the 2nd quarter.
Mahalo for your support and that of your keiki.
First, thank you for patience with our office as we, like the teachers, hone in our technical skills. Here are some updates on these digital form requests!
1) Desk/Chair request form: It should be working for our parents now. There was a setting that needed to be corrected. It is fixed and you should be able to submit a request if you have not done so. Ohana Request to Borrow
2) Free/Reduced Lunch Applications - DEADLINE SEPT.29: It would help us tremendously if our families could fill out the lunch applications. Although we are recipients of the free meals program this year, we still rely on other funding sources to purchase equipment and supplies for our teachers and students. Much of this funding comes from qualifying under the Free/Reduced meal status. I realize some feel they do not qualify. Perhaps you've had a change in your financial situations and may qualify now. The state DOE has an online process through the EZMealApp. Just click on link and select "Apply Today." If the link doesn't work, paste this in your address bar: https://secure.ezmealapp.com/ApplicationScreen.aspx
3) Beginning of the School Year Packet: Thank you to those who were able to complete the forms for your child. These are the annual forms that would normally come home in a large brown envelope. Here is the link again. Puohala Forms
HAPPENING THIS WEEK: MATERIALS DISTRIBUTION WED. - FRI. SEPT. 9 - 11, 7:00 - 7:45 A.M. OR 11:00 - 12:00 NOON FRONTING CAFETERIA
Also, we will be sending out a survey to be completed by every household related to our free meal status this year. The CEP or Community Eligibility Program has awarded our school a recipient for a free breakfast and lunch for every enrolled student here. We are very gracious for this and ask that when you receive the survey, which may be at materials distribution this week or in the mail, that you take the time to read through the instructions, fill out and drop off at the school.
Aloha mai kākou,
This year our Pūʻōhala School beginning of the school year forms are available for you to fill out for each of your keiki on our website. We are using a DOE approved signing program called Adobe sign. Please click here or visit https://puohala.weebly.com/sy2021-student-forms.html on our school website for instructions on how to fill out the form.
If you would rather have a hard copy, please email a reply to this email. We can have that ready for pick up next week.
Distance Learning Distribution – Sept. 9 – 11
Our teachers have been preparing materials to continue our distance learning for the remainder of the quarter. We will have that available next week during the breakfast and lunch pickup times beginning WEDNESDAY, SEPT.9 THRU FRIDAY, SEPT.11. Breakfast is 7:15 am - 7:45 am and Lunch is 11:00 am - 12 Noon.
Lending Program – Student desk and chair
There have been requests by some ohana to borrow a desk and chair for their keiki to use at home. We are prepared to offer ohana to borrow a student desk and chair beginning next week, Sept. 9, 2020. Please submit your request using this form: Request For Desk/Chair. We only ask that you return the desk and chair at the end of the school year to avoid an obligation fee of $75.00 for the set. Pick up will be at the curbside fronting the cafeteria during either breakfast or lunch pickup. If you need other arrangements, notate that on the request form. There is a limited supply.
This information and links are available on our website at puohala.weebly.com
Ke Kula Kaiapuni ʻO Pūʻōhala School Blog